Not everybody has room for a large cooking appliance, and while induction models are much smaller than gas ones, they can still occupy a lot of space in a room where every inch matters. Luckily, many kitchen appliance manufacturers are also developing and selling induction stoves that only have one burner and are much smaller than others. These can be just as powerful and have almost all the features that a larger form-factor appliance would, with the exception that they only have one burner.
Most choose single burner induction cooktop models either for their portability – such as college students – or for their reduced size. The fact that they do not actually heat up much makes them easy to store a few minutes after you use them.
Advantages of induction single burner appliances
Depending on the manufacturer and the model of the product, a single induction burner stove can have a wide variety of features. However, the design itself offers a few advantages that larger models do not:
- High portability – While single burner gas stoves are difficult to take on the road or when moving due to the need to also carry a gas tank, induction models are much lighter and only require a power outlet to function. This makes them ideal for those who move around a lot or for college students;
- Cam be quickly stored away – Induction stoves, in general, do not heat up too much when cooking food, and this enables the owner to pick them up and put them in a cupboard almost immediately after turning them off. Smaller models often cool down even faster;
- More affordable – The size of an appliance plays a big part in how affordable it is. Even premium single burner induction plates that have all the bells and whistles that one would ever need are relatively affordable.
This having been said, let’s look at some of the best models that are commercially available:
Duxtop Portable Induction Cooktop Burner 9600LS
A feature-filled model that takes the effort out of cooking delicious food
The 9600LS from Duxtop is one of the most popular induction cooktop single burner models on the market. The manufacturer has found the perfect balance between price, power, and features, and has designed a product that even seasoned chefs consider to be one of the best portable induction cooking appliances.
- Digital control panel – All the functions of the appliance can be controlled through a touch-enabled digital panel;
- Flexible – The power of the burner can be set to one of 20 levels including PowerBoil and keep warm functions;
- Safety system – the burner automatically shuts off one minute after the pan is removed from the surface;
- Safety lock – The control panel can be locked to prevent children from changing the settings;
- Small and highly portable – The reduced size of the model makes it easy to pack and store away after use;
- Quality of life features – the appliance comes with a keep warm feature as well as with systems that help simplify the cooking process such as the pan detection sensor;
- The PowerBoil function is not effective – While this feature does increase the temperature, it does not lead to a roaring boil, and also requires more time than expected
NuWave Precision Induction Cooktop
A compact model for those who want to cook more delicate types of food
This NuWave induction cooktop single burner is a great choice for those who require very specific temperatures in order to cook food. While most appliances in the same class tend to be clumsy when it comes to maintaining a constant temperature, NuWave has done a great job in designing a product that offers 52 power levels;
- A large number of possible temperature levels – the appliances comes with 52 possible temperature levels, enabling the owner to accurately set the temperature required for more delicate types of food;
- Programmable stage cooking – the owner can set and store up to 100 multi-step cooking programs;
- Pan detection – the appliance shuts down when the pan is no longer on the burner;
- Great for precise cooking – The ability to set the exact temperature is great for anything from melting chocolate to cooking fish;
- Ability to store cooking programs – This is a great feature to have for those who like to cook the same recipes at regular intervals;
- No lock – there is no way to lock the control panel;
- Takes longer to cool down – it takes around 15 minutes for the surface of the burner to cool down after cooking
Rosewill RHAI-16002 Induction Cooker Cooktop
A highly-affordable induction stove that’s great for those who do not cook on a daily basis
The RHAI-16002 is designed to make the cooking process easier by providing the owner with preset programs for a variety of cooking processes. While accuracy is not the strong suit of this model, it does offer all the features required to cook food.
- 5 Preset Programs – the appliance comes with presets for stir-fry, fry, soup, hot pot, and milk warm;
- 8 power levels – the temperature can be set in increments of 200-300 degrees Fahrenheit;
- Timer – the model comes with a control display that features a 24-hour timer;
- Great for beginners – The presets make it easy to cook certain types of food, even if it is for the first time;
- Extremely affordable – Its low price makes it perfect for those who are looking for a budget appliance;
- Only 8 power levels – The induction stove does not allow for precise temperature settings;
- No bells and whistles – There is no lock for the controls and no pan sense system